Tips, tricks, and anecdotes as I navigate my first year of marriage as a Modern Day Wanna-Be Donna Reed

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"The Best of NYC" Quest

So this past Saturday afternoon I surprised the Hubs' with a "Foodie Adventure" right here in our backyard NYC! I researched the top 6 places to get Lobster Rolls, a summer classic and one of our personal favorites, created a "walking tour" list, grabbed my camera and we hit the road!
Our first stop was Mary's Fish Camp on Charles Street in the West Village. I fell in love the instant we walked in! Its tiny and adorable, with a stainless steel topped bar, vintage artwork,

and an open kitchen. The two girls working behind the counter were bubbly, sweet, and engaging...The kind of place you could hang out all day drinking beers, chatting with friends, and sampling ALL of the different dishes on their scrumptious menu!

On a scale of 1-10 both Sam & I gave the Lobster Roll a 7. The hot dog bun was buttery and golden brown, and the huge pieces of lobster made each bite exciting!
For presentation the Hubs' gave them an 8 out of 10, where I gave Mary's a 5 (It looked fab, but didn't blow me away)


We both gave Mary's Fish Camp "bonus points" for the awesome shoe string french fries that came with the Lobster Roll, as well as the beautiful, crisp pints of Ommegang Witte, which in my book is the PERFECT pairing for this dish.

Mary's Fish Camp, the first stop on the Samily Family NYC "Best of" Foodie Walking Tour - Lobster Roll, got a total combined score of 33 out of 40!





We love Mary's Fish Camp and cannot wait to go back!

Stay tuned for Stop #2 Ditch Plains at 29 Bedford Street!

1 comment: